Graduation is one of the biggest days of your life so far and, naturally, you want to look the part. You’re all prepared with your gown and hat, you’ve picked out your dress and shoes… But, have you decided how to style your hair for the big day?
Graduation hair can be tricky, especially with a graduation cap to contend with. If you’re looking for inspiration for the event, look no further. Here at Additional Lengths, we’ve put together our top 4 graduation hairstyles – all graduation cap friendly!
Waves really are a timeless style, making them a great option for graduation day. Particularly if your hair is on the finer side, waves are fantastic for adding texture and volume to your locks. To achieve this look, simply loosely curl with a wand, tousle your hair with your hands, and finish with a spritz of texturising spray.
Side fishtail plait
If you’re considering putting your hair up for graduation, a side plait is a great choice. For starters, there is no complicated updo that you have to worry about ruining with your cap and, secondly, your hair won’t be completely hidden in pictures when you are wearing your cap.
For an additional wow factor, we’d recommend mixing it up with a stylish side fishtail plait. A fishtail looks intricate and unique – perfect for a special occasion – but is actually surprisingly easy to create. Simply separate your hair into two sections, then take a small strand of hair from one side and cross it over, pulling it behind the opposite section. Switch sides and repeat, until you have a full plait.
DIY salon blowdry
For sleek and straight hair with those ‘just left the hairdressers’ vibes, why not treat yourself to a DIY blowout? To do this, simply:
- Wash your hair as usual, then spray with a heat protection spray. The Morrocan Oil Perfect Defense Protect Spray is ideal for this, with nourishing argan oil and vitamins for enviable shine. For additional frizz control, apply the Morrocan Oil Hydrating Styling Cream to your hair while it is still damp.
- It is best to start the styling process of your blow-dry when your hair is already around 70% dry. Either leave to air dry naturally, gently towel dry or, if you’re short on time, use your hairdryer to ensure your hair is free from large amounts of moisture.
- Now the styling! Begin by choosing a smaller section of the hair and, using your fingers, pull the hair out and away from the head in order to dry the roots.
- Once the roots are dry, use a paddle brush to run through the lengths of your hair, drying as you go. Point the hairdryer downwards and follow the movements of the brush in order to encourage a sleek, straight finish. Once dried, blast the hair with cool air from the dryer to help ‘set’ the style.
- If needed, run through the lengths of your hair with a hair straightener. Then, finish the whole look with a shine-enhancing finishing spray such as the Moroccan Oil Shimmer Shine Spray.
If you have natural curls, why not choose to embrace them on graduation? Treated with a curl defining cream, big, natural curls are bold and beautiful with an instant sense of fun – perfect for making a statement at a special event.
If your hair is especially thick and curly, why not use cute hair grips to keep control of your locks? Part your hair down the centre and place a fun clip on either side for a 90s chic look that will fit perfectly under your graduation cap.
For stunning hair, no matter the occasion, look no further than the collection of hair extensions and hair extension accessories right here at Additional Lengths. From weft hair extensions to add volume to your tresses through to clip in extensions for instant length, you can find the perfect options to help you totally transform your look.