Nano tip hair extensions are one of the most popular choices of hair extension on the market today. Attached to the hair using nano rings, they create a discreet bond that blends seamlessly with natural hair, making them a great choice for those with thin or fine hair. But just what are nano tip hair extensions? At Additional Lengths, we’re here to answer all of your nano tip related questions so you can decide whether nano tip hair extensions are the perfect choice for your hair.
What are nano tip hair extensions?
Nano tip hair extensions are small wefts of pre-bonded hair that are attached to the client’s natural hair using nano rings which are 90% smaller than most micro rings, making for a seamless bond. Nano tip hair extensions don’t require any heat in their attachment, the natural hair is simply threaded through a nano ring at the tip of the nano extension before being clamped into place. This application method reduces the risk of damage to natural hair, making it a popular extension choice. Nano tip hair extensions are thin and lightweight, adding little stress or strain to the natural hairline and making them a perfect pick for thin or fine hair.
How long do nano hair extensions last?
With the correct aftercare, as a general rule of thumb, nano tip hair extensions should last around 6-9 months in your hair. At Additional Lengths, however, our Remi Cachet Elegance Nano Tips have been developed to last even longer! Created as part of our Elegance Hair range, from high-quality Russian and Mongolian hair, with the correct aftercare and maintenance, our Elegance Nano Tips should last up to 12 months.
What are Remi Cachet Elegance Nano Tips?
Nano tip hair extensions are usually fitted with a silicone, plastic or metal tip which means the bond can often be seen against the natural hair. Often fiddly to fit, the constant bending of the tip during fitting can result in the tip breaking during normal wear. With our Remi Cachet Elegance Nano Tips, however, their unique, design-protected tip is made from a twisted thread that is coated in adhesive for a much stronger and more durable bond that is built to last. Much easier for the stylist to fit too, the twisted tip can also be trimmed down to a smaller size if desired, whilst its design also aids the grip of the nano rings for a more secure fit that is less prone to slippage. Giving a completely seamless blend, the thread tip is colour matched to the extension hair for a perfectly natural look. Available as part of our Elegance Hair collection, in over 50 shades and four lengths ranging from 12 to 24 inches, they’re the perfect choice for completely transforming your look, whatever your colour shade or hair type.
Are nano tip hair extensions good for fine hair?
Nano tip hair extensions are a great choice for fine hair when fitted properly by an experienced hairstylist. Always book a consultation appointment first before choosing any type of hair extension, as your stylist will be able to colour match your hair perfectly and will help you determine how heavy your extensions should be and how much weight your hairline can handle. When correctly fitted, the uniquely twisted tips of our Elegance nano tips are incredibly discreet and make for a completely seamless finish in even the finest of hair.
What are the pros and cons of nano tip hair extensions?
So now you know what nano tip hair extensions are, it’s time to look at the pros and cons of this hair extension method, to see whether or not these are the right extensions for you and your hair.
Pros of nano tip hair extensions
- Nano tip hair extensions are small, discreet and easy to fit.
- Perfect for fine hair, after a proper first consultation to determine the amount of weight your natural hair can carry, your nano tip hair extensions shouldn’t add any stress or strain to your hairline after your fitting. Remi Cachet Elegance Nano Tips fitted with nano rings, create the most seamless bond and are ultra-discreet in fine hair
- No heat application method makes for minimal damage to hair when fitted by a proper extension stylist
- Long wear time; with the right aftercare and maintenance appointments your Elegance Nano Tips will last up to 12 months
- Remi Cachet Elegance Nano Tips are strong and durable and create a long-lasting bond in your hair
Cons of Nano Tip Hair Extensions
- All Nano tip hair extensions require regular maintenance appointments to refit bonds and to check on the overall health of the hair. However, this con isn’t specific to nano tip hair extensions, as all types of permanent hair extension require maintenance. To ensure the longevity of your extensions, it’s really important to stick to the aftercare advice from your stylist and attend your re-fitting appointments.
- Avoid applying oil-based products to the roots of your hair when wearing nano tip hair extensions, as these can cause the bonds to slip. Even though our Elegance Nano Tips make for a stronger bond, it’s still important to follow this advice to preserve the longevity of your extensions.
Why should I choose nano tip hair extensions?
Nano tip hair extensions are a great type of permanent extension to choose to ensure flawless, natural-looking hair. Seamless bonds that are fitted easily and cause little to no damage to the natural hair, they’re very easy to maintain as long as you stick to your aftercare plan and regular fitting appointments. Our Remi Cachet Elegance Nano Tips provide extra security that you can rely on, giving you a strong, long-lasting bond that’s barely visible in your hair. Available in a wide range of colours, weights and lengths explore the full Remi Cachet Elegance Nano Tip range now, and start planning your enviable hair transformation today!