We don’t have to search far for the current hair trends right now with the Golden Globes tresses preened to perfection for eagle-eyed trend-watchers but actually there isn’t much you haven’t seen trialled for a little while now. You will start to get fed up with our pony & plaits chatter; but here’s how to move these on a little and try out this week.
PONYTAILS are a staple these days on the red carpet, at the gym; and particularly important to all us hair extension wearers to keep our locks in place on a night. But bang on trend right now is the long, sleek and low pony as Rhianna chose for her Diamond Ball in December and Katie Holmes debuted at the Golden Globes.
SLICK BACK continues the wet look trend but is much more wearable day or night for Kim K and #BGT judge Amanda Holden.
BUNS are no longer prim but knot them and plait them for show-stopping looks like The Voice’s new judge Rita Ora fem Saturday night’s audition show. Braid just a little or the whole lot – messy and fun is the aim of the game here.
One big tip to note is that hair is not pristine but the the undone and natural look. But if you want to mix it up a little try this triangular parting spotted at Giles which works well if you are trialling a half-up half-down look.
We know you are excited to have your new hair extensions and that you promised your talented extensionist solemnly that you would care for them; but is this part of your New Years Resolution and are keeping up with the regime?
We don’t mean for our hair care regime to come across as a fitness bootcamp but if you’ve never had extensions before they can appear to be a lot of. Even if you have had extensions before we know there is definitely something you can improve on to take better care of your hair in the year ahead.
You can read a full list of Do’s & Don’ts here but especially for your resolutions try:
LESS …twiddling & fiddling with your locks
MORE … Regular brushing
… Loose ponytails & plaits- not just because they are on trend right now but keep your hair in place at bedtime & during your other NYR gym time!
… Accept compliments about your hair & don’t forget to tell them who your stylist is & where the hair is from!
And if all else fails please get back in touch with your extensionist and head back in for some TLC for your extensions. We want you to make the most of your extensions and enjoy them but this does take some New Year Resolution commitments for you too to avoid removing your hair early and to prevent any issues such as matting.
Here’s our top things to do this January to help promote Remi Cachet hair extensions to your clients – and they make handy New Years Resolutions too!
1) Call the team and make sure you have our poster, window sticker & tent card added to your next order to help attract new clients & tell existing one’s you offer Remi Cachet hair extensions.
2) Update your website & social media sites with the banners & skyscrapers we offer. These could also be used to print up on flyers to leave with other local businesses.
3) Check if you are on our Find A Stylist and get in touch of you need adding or your contact details updating.
4) Take the opportunity to improve and update your hair extension skills with one of our training courses by professional for professionals. Check out the latest training dates & venues here or consider training in the comfort of our own salon & call the team on 01642 867213 for more information & availability. With HABIA accreditation it also counts towards your personal development.
5) Treat your colour ring to a makeover too by washing, drying & straightening to be as good as new. Then check if you have all the very latest colours. Don’t forget if you have bought your colour ring in the last 12 months, the new colour ferrals are absolutely FREE. Keep your colour ring out so people can see the range of colours, pick up & try themselves. Even if they do it as a laugh, it’s a good way to strike up a conversation about them or a change of colour and look.
6) Get yourself some stock of the Remi Cachet hair products on display in your reception area. Set alongside our Tent Card or your portfolio book of amazing transformations with extensions; this will give clients something to flick through whilst they wait. Another great idea to add is to add in some press coverage & celebrities. If you need help here take a look at ours and feel free to print these: In the News and Celeb Clients The products also make great giveaways.
7) If being tidy was on your #NY15 list then you need this – Remi Cachet Drawing Mat and we promise you will love it!
Each year the official Colour of the Year is announced by Pantone and 2015 it’s Marsala described as “a naturally robust and earthy wine red.” An in terms of hair think of Twilight sensation Kirsten Stewart. No sooner had Marsala been revealed then celebs such as Katy Perry & Emma Stone showed us their new hue too.
With Marsala tone’s changeable you can use our Remi Cachet colours 99J or the new 530 for these. Check out our colour chart for auburn, plum, cherry & burgundy tones to tempt you. It’s all about the rich sophisticated reds and has been described as “an incredibly versatile colour for beauty” and an appealing shade that’s flattering against many skin tones.
We’ve spotted some of this new colour coming through recently in snaps from our stylists like Hair by Asya
and our Educator Abigail Nicholls.